练习 1 主谓一致
（ ） 1. The number of people invited ______ fifty, but a number of them _______ absent for different reasons. A. were, was C. was, were （ B. was, was D. were, were
） 2. E-mail, as well as telephones, ________ an important part in daily communication. A. is playing C. are playing B. have played D. play
） 3. ______ of the land in that district ______ covered with trees and grass. A. Two fifth, is C. Two fifths, is B. Two fifth, are D. Two fifths, are
） 4. Ten minutes ______ a long time for one who waits. A. seem C. seemed B. seems D. are seemed
） 5. Eric is the only one of the boys who _____ a driving license. A. has C. is having B. have D. are having’
） 6. Joy and Sorrow _____ next-door neighbours. A. is B. are C. were D. be
）7. In my opinion, some of the news _____ unbelievable. A. are B. is C. has been D. have been
）8. When ______ the United Nations founded? A. is B. are C. was D. were
）9. Every possible means _____ . A. has tried C. was tried B. has been tried D. were tried
） 10. What she says and does _____ nothing to do with me. A. was B. were C. has D. have
）11. There _____ a dictionary and several books on the desk. A. are B. must C. have been D. is
）12. Nobody ______ A. but Tom and Jack have C. but my friends has
seen the film. It’s a pity. B. except Tom and Jack have D. but I have
）13. No teacher and no student ______． A. are admitted C. are admitting B. is admitted D. is admitting
）14. All but one ______ here just now. A. is B. was C. has been D. were
）15. When and where to build the new factory _____ yet. A. is not decided C. has not decided B. are not decided D. have not decided
） 16. The writer and singer ______ here. A. is B. are C. were D. do
） 17. As I have a meeting at four, ten minutes _____ all that I can spare to talk with you. A. are B. was C. is D. were
） 18. In those days John with his classmates _____ kept busy preparing for the exam. A. is C. was B. are D. were
） 19. —— ____ your clothes? ——No, mine _____ hanging over there. A. Is it, is B. Are these, are C. Is it, are D. Are these, is
（ ） 20. The Smith’s family, which ____ rather a large one, ____ very fond of their old houses. A. were, were C. were, was B. was, was D. was, were
（ ） 21. What the teacher and the students want to say _____ that either of the countries ____ beautiful. A. are, are C. are, is （ B. is, is D. is, are
） 22. He is the only one of the students who _____ a winner of scholarship for three years. A. is C. have been B. are D. has been
） 23. _____ of my brothers are reporters. Covering events, meetings, or sports meetings ______ their duty. A. Each, are C. Neither, are B. Both, is D. None, is
） 24. —— What do you think of the ______ of the coat? —— It’s rather high. You can buy a cheaper one in that shop. A. value B. cost C. price D. use
） 25. —— Are the two answers correct? —— No, ______ correct. A. no one is C. neither is
B. both are not D. either is not
） 26. The wind, together with rain and fog, _____ making sailing difficult. A. have been B. was
练习 2 动词的时态
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 、 、 、 、 、 、 、 、 、 It If 、 、 I’ 、 I 、 don’ She “What The I’m are boy sorry ll give Has t know _______ they asked to (take) ________ usually Who doing?” his keep him an the the whether on book to baby him as ________ me to and for go for (finish) we’ll their in in us if to B: it the the see homework next Shanghai maths _________ radio (not in the and a his it soon as crying Beijing went sports play long he ________ yet? next out. meeting.” back. (stop) month.(take) (put) (get)
Mother __________ her “They __________ mother you half an coat
________him ____________ hour _______ film, (do)
basketball.(let) time. (wait) yesterday. (be) supper. now? year? 1982. tomorrow. morning. homework?”
________ it They Listen!
tomorrow. after room last since rain) the your
_____________(sing) your parents
__________(be) Mr. will have Yu a often I go out trip
_____________(teach) to the Great Wall
14 、 They 15 、 Li
_________ and play
16 、 A:
17、All the people in the town are glad ______(hear) that a famous musician
___ a concert this Saturday evening.( give)
18 、 Our teacher told us if it _____(not snow) we would visit the Science Museum the next day. 19 、 They often _______ (play) football in the afternoon.
20、A: What’re you doing Dad? B: I _______ (mend) the radio. 21 、 Let’s she _______(carry) very much to the see the boxes film, but she to couldn’t the __(get) a house. ticket.
22 、 Yesterday
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
、 、 、 、 、 、
I Mike He
you several four any (do)
soon since to
I he his
get came wife
to to every
Shanghai. Beijing. month.
___________(visit) ___________ (write) make
letters noise, some the
Don’ His When aunt they There We Sometimes They 、
Grandma when the train he
___________ (sleep). came already in . left. Monday. boyhood.. home next (hear) to the long last came tomorrow to late. week. that. reading-room. ago. week. Paris. evening. now. week. yesterday. 1949. now. year.
cooking station, a
___________ (reach) ___________ (be) (know) father (have) very here. story ___________ ___________ (go) bag. to (visit) (make) the Don’t She
、 、 、 、
meeting other (come) English since back evening
___________ my ___________ I’m Fang The isn’t
each ___________ an
glad___________ ___________ (go) (happen) History friends with out. a (give) (live) (show) new the bridge in students over her It since Museum she
___________ the many cinema go (write)
、 、 、 、 、 、 、 、 、 Look!
They Zhang Hong
___________ Stay Li The My The here,
___________(rain) every talk since the river factory next
Ping___________ scientist parents young
composition us a Beijing around the
worker___________ (build) a
45、The students___________ (clean) their classroom tomorrow. 46 47 、 、 The Our windows teacher of our lab (join) ___________ the (clean) party once twenty a years week. ago.
48 、 The 49 、
_____(watch). ten years.
50、 “What makes you ___________ (think) I’m a farmer?” the Frenchman asked.
练习 3 动词的语态
1. I___________ (teach) here for ten years since I finished school. 2. Would you mind me __________ (use) your bike? 3. The students of Class Two___________ (sweep) their classroom now. 4. The Whites____________ (not listen) to the radio at that time. 5. It's better to give than__________ (receive). 6. How long ______you_______ (live) in this town? 7. You _______ (come) here last year, ______ you? 8. ----When ______ you______ (see) him? ----I______ (see) him last Sunday. 9. She said that the car___________ (use) the next week. 10. I didn't know what __________ (happen) to China in a century. 11. When I got to the station, the train ____ already ______ (leave). 12. The stone bridge______________ (build) in our hometown for ten years. 13. The desk must ______ (clean) once a day. 14. The dog _________ (lie) on the floor when I came in.. 15. It _________(rain) heavily when I got home. 16. Her mother____________ (cook) at this time yesterday. 17. The students _____________ (do) their homework. __________ (not make) any noise!
18. ----______ you ever_______ (be) to Beijing? ----Yes. I________ (go) there last week. 19. He'll telephone us as soon as he _________ (arrive) there. 20. Jiefang trucks____________ (make) in Changchun. 21. A pen is used for__________ (write). 22. All that must ________ (do). 23 .My friend can't decide which pair of trousers____________ (choose). So she asked me to go shopping with her. 24. They find it useful__________ (learn) English. 25. The old man often_________ (tell) the children a story in the evening. This evening he ________ (tell) two stories.
26. The radio__________ (use) once in a week in our class. It____________ (not use) yesterday because there was something wrong with it. 27. Would please tell us how___________ (make) the watch ________ (work)? 28. She doesn't know what_________ (do) and where__________ (go).
练习 4 动词的语气
1. If there were no subjunctive mood, English _________ much easier. A. will be B. would have been C. could have been D. would be 2. If I _____ you, I’d join the army. A. am B. was C. were D. would be 3. If he _______ tomorrow, he would find Mr Wang in the office. A. comes B. will come C. should come D. come 4. If it _______ next week , the crops would be saved. A. rains B. will rains C. would rain D. should rain 5. If I _______ it, I would do it in a different way. A. were to do B. do C. had done D. was to do 6. Supposing the weather ________ bad, where would you go ? A. is B. will be C. were D. be 7. If he had worked harder, he _________. A. would succeed B. had succeeded C. should succeed D. would have succeeded 8. If he ________, he _________ that food. A. was warned; would not take B. had been warned; would not have taken C. would be warned; had not taken D. would have been warned; had not taken 9. If my lawyer _________ here last Saturday, he _______ me from going. A. had been; would have prevented B. had been; would prevent C. were; would prevent D. were; would have prevented 10. If he ______ it, he _______ it. A. had seen; could have believed B. saw; couldn’t believe C. saw; couldn’t have believed D. has seen; had believed 11. —Do you think the thief entered through the window? —No, if he had, I don’t believe, _______ broken the living-room’s window. A. he would have B. he must have C. he had D. should he have 12. —Did you go swimming last Sunday? —No. We would have gone ______ nicer. A. if the weather was B. would the weather have been C. had the weather been D. should the weather be 13. ______ it ______ for your help, I couldn’t have made any progress.
A. Had; not been B. Should; not been C. Did; not been D. Not; been 14. _______ today, he would get there by Friday. A. Would have left B. Was he leaving C. Were he to leave D. If he leaves 15. It is ordered that a new bridge ______ over the wide river. A. should be built B. would built C. will be built D. built
练习 5 助动词
1.If it is fine tomorrow, we ______ a football match. a. have b. will have c. has d. shall has 2.When he was at school, he ______ early and take a walk before breakfast. a. will rise b. shall rise b. should rise would rise 3.In the past 30 years China ______ great advances in the socialist revolution and socialist construction. a. has made b. have made c. had made d. having made 4.I ______ go to bed until I ______ finished my work. a. don’t/had b. didn’t/have c. didn’t/had d. don’t/have 5.______ you think he ______ back by dinner time? a. Do/have come b. Did/will have come c. Does/will come d. Do/will have come 6.He said that he dropped his bag when he ______ for the bus. a. was runing b. was running c. were running d. is running 7.No sooner ______ he arrived home than he ______ to start on another journey. a. has/was asked b. have/were asked c. had/is asked d. had/was asked 8.“______ you give me a room for the night?” I asked on arriving at the hotel. a. Should b. Can c. Might d. May 9.There are nine of them, so ______ get into the car at the same time. a. they may not at all b. all they may not c. they can’t all d. all they can’t 10.“We didn’t see him at the lecture yesterday.” “He ______ it.” a. mustn’t attend b. cannot have attended c. would have not attended d. needn’t have attended 11.“You realize that you were driving at 100 mph, don’t you?” “No, officer. I ______. This car can’t do more than 80.” a. didn’t need to be b. may not have been c. couldn’t have been d. needn’t have been 12.he was a good runner so he ______ escape from the police. a. might b. succeeded to c. would d. was able to 13.If they ______, our plan will fall flat. a. are co-operating b. had not co-operated c. won’t co-operate d. didn’t co-operate 14.I hoped ______ my letter. a. her to answer b. that she would answer c. that she answers d. her answering 15.He ______ live in the country than in the city. a. prefers b. likes to c. had better d. would rather 16.______ to see a film with us today? a. Did you like b. Would you like c. Will you like d. Have you liked 17.I’m sorry, but I had no alternative. I simply ______ what I did. a. must do b. had to do c. ought to have done d. have to do 18.“Time is running out,______?” a. hadn’t we better got start b. hadn’t we better get start
c.hadn’t we better get started d. hadn’t we better not started 19.No one ______ that to his face. a. dares say b. dares saying c. dare say d. dare to say 20.The students in the classroom ______ not to make so much noise. a. need b. ought c. must d. dare 21.You ______ last week if you were really serious about your work. a. ought to come b. ought to be coming c. ought have come d. ought to have come 22.The elephants ought ______ hours ago by the keepers. a. to be fed b. to feed c. to being fed d. to have been fed 23.“I wonder why they’re late.” “They ______ the train.” a. can have missed b. could miss c. may have missed d. might miss 24.“Tom graduated from college at a very young age.” “He ______ have been an outstanding student.” a. must b. could c. should d. might 25.You ______ the examination again since you had already passed it. a. needn’t have taken b. didn’t need to take c. needn’t take d. mustn’t take 26.He is really incompetent! The letter ______ yesterday. a. should be finished typing b. must be finished typing c.must have finished typing c. should have been finished typing 27.The boy told his father that he would rather ______ an astronaut. a. become b. to become c. becoming d. became 28.When we reached the station, the train had still not arrived; so we ______. a. needed not to hurry b. needn’t have hurried c. need not to have hurried d. didn’t need to hurry 29.Since your roommate is visiting her family this weekend,_____ you like to have dinner with us tonight? a. will b. won’t c. wouldn’t d. do 30.He was afraid what he had done ______ a disastrous effect on his career. a. might have b. could be c. have been d. shall be
练习 6 情态动词
1. _____ you ready? (A) Are (B) Have (C) Will (D) Can 2. ____ here early? (A) Will he (B) Was he (C) Did he be (D) Were he 3. I ___ happy about the price of eggs. (A) am't (B) am not (C) do not (D) won’t 4. Since last year I____ him only once. (A) have seen (B) have been seeing (C) see (D) was seeing 5. Donald ___ sixteen tomorrow. (A) is being (B) going to be (C) shall be (D) will be 6. I ___ the story at all. (A) don't like (B) like (C) am fond of (D) would like 7. I would rather ___ than play now. (A) to study (B)am studying (C) study (D) studied 8. I'd rather you ___ anything about it for the time being. (A) do (B) didn't do (C) don't (D) didn't 9. The car___much money. (A) not cost (B) not have cost (C) isn't cost (D) didn't cost
10. I ___ like to eat fish. (A) am (B) have (C) do (D) be 11. ___ repeat the question? (A) Shall I (B) Will I (C)Would you like that I (D) Do you want that I 12. My teacher knows more than ___. (A) my uncle knows (B) my uncle does (C) they know (D)they don't know 13. He___to meet us at the station, but didn't see us. (A) did go (B) did went (C) goes (D) had 14. Not only ____us light. (A) does the sun give (B) (C) gives the sun (D) the sun does give 15. ____ you tell me what has happened? (A) May (B) Must (C) Can (D) Could 16. Anne___tomorrow. (A) can sing (B) can to sing (C) is going sing (D) going to sing 17. You___hand it in at once, you may hand it in tomorrow. (A) needn't (B) may not (C) can't (D) must not 18. Tell the boy that he ___ in the river. (A) swims (B) swim (C) swimming (D) to swim 19. Joan___play on Saturday. (A) going to (B) can (C) is going (D) can to 20. Susan and I can go to the lecture ___. (A) but neither can Charles (B) and so Charies can (C) but Charles can't (D) and Charles also can
练习 8 分词
（ ） 1. __________ with the best students, I still have a long way to go. A. Having compared C. Compared （ B. To compare D. Compare
） 2. The music of the film _________ by him sounds so ___________ . A. playing, exciting C. playing, excited B. played, excited D. played, exciting
__________ against the coming hurricane, they dared not leave home. B. Having warned D. Warn
A. Warned C. To warn （
） 4. In __________ countries, you can’t always make yourself _______ by speaking English. A. English-speaking, understand C. English-speaking, understood B. English-spoken, understand D. English-speaking, understood
）5. After _____________ the old man, the doctor suggested that he ___________ a bad cold. A. examining, should catch C. examining, had caught B. examined, had caught D. examined, catch
） 6. _____________ , Tom jumped into the river and had a good time in it. A. Be a good swimmer C. Having been good swimmer B. Being a good swimmer D. To be a good swimmer
） 7. ________ how to read the new words, I often look them up in the dictionary. A. Having not known C. Don’t know B. Not to know D. Not knowing
） 8. As his parent, you shouldn’t have your child ___________ such a book. A. read C. reading B. to read D. be reading
） 9. He returned from abroad ______________ that his mother had been badly ill. A. heard C. having phoned B. having been heard D. having been phoned
练习 9 动名词
I was ______ work last week, but I changed my mind. a. to start b. to have started c. to be starting d. to have been starting 2. I intended ______ the matter with you, but I had some guests hen. a. discuss b. discussing c. having discussed d. to have discussed 3. Don’t let me catch you ______. a. do that again b. to do that again c. doing that again d. done that again 4. There are many kinds of metals ______. a. each has its special properties b. one has its special properties c.each having its special properties d. having its special properties 5. It’s pay-day, and they’re waiting ______. a. for paying b. to be paid c. to be paying d. to have paid 6. _______ trouble, I’m going to forget the whole affair. a. Then rather cause b. Rather causing c. Rather than cause d. Rather than caused 7. The brilliance of his satires was ______ make even his victims laugh. a. so as to b. such as to c. so that d. such that 8. Children with parents whose guidance is firm, consistent, and rational are inclined ______ high levels of self-confidence. a. possess b. have possessed c. to possess d. possessing 9. The worker is ______ in repairing the machine to notice my coming. a. too busy b. enough busy c. busy too d. busy enough 10. “What did you do in the garden?” “I watched my father ______ his motorbike.” a. to repair b. repaired c. repairing d. repairs 1.
练习 10 形容词和副词
1. The modern machine proved ______ in heart surgery. a. high valuable b. highly valuable c. valuable high d. valuable highly
2. Mr. Johnson and his ______ daughter do not always understand each other. a. older b. the oldest c. eldest d. the eldest 3. They ______ thought that the truth would be finally discovered. a. little b. not c. small d. bit 4. They hardly believe that the apartment which costs them $ 4,000 is ______. a. so small b. such little c. so little d. such small 5. If a claim is kept ______, it is more likely to be recognized. a. live b. lived c. alive d. living 6. On his way to school he met ______, so he sent him to hospital. a. very ill man b. much sick man c. serious ill man d. very sick man 7. She was operated a month ago but now she was ______. a. very good b. very well c. healthy d. good conditioned 8. What I would do is to go ______. a. really quietly somewhere b. somewhere quietly really c. really quiet somewhere d. somewhere really quiet 9. The chairman asked ______ to write their questions on a piece of paper and send them to the front. a. the present members b. the members presently c. the members present d. the presently members 10. The price was very reasonable; I would gladly have paid ______ he asked. a. three times much as b. three times as many as c. as three times much as d. three times as much as 11. The trousers are ______, but Tom does not care a bit. a. too a little small b. a little too small c. a too little small d. a small too little 12. She wore a dress to the party that was far more attractive than ______. a. other girls b. that of other girls c. the other girls d. those of other girls 13. he can play tennis better than ______ in the class. a. any boys b. any other boy c. any boy d. any other 14. Kasia is taking her ______ tour of the shops in search of bargains. a. daily b. day c. day time d. night 15. ______ the child expresses his interest in an activity, the stronger it will become. a. The more frequent b. The frequenter c. The more frequently d. the frequentlier 16. We’d better wait _______ , Peter and Tom will come very soon. a. a little longer b. more longer c. long d. as longer 17. although the medicine tastes ______, it seems to help my condition. a. bad b. badly c. too much bad d. too badly 18. When she got her first month salary, Diana bought herself ______ dress. a. a cotton , blue …expensive b. an expensive … blue, cotton c. a blue, expensive … cotton d. a cotton, expensive… blue 19. The doctors have tried ______ to save the life of the wounded soldier. a. everything possible humanly b. humanly everything possible c. everything humanly possible d. humanly possible everything 20. I was worried very much because I’ll miss my flight if the bus arrives ______. a. lately b. late c. latter d. more later
练习 11 代词
1. Tom, Please pass ________ the glasses. I want to read the newspapers. A. you B. me C. him D. her 2. The English novel is quite easy for you. There are ______ new words in it.
A. a little B. little C. a few D. few 3. ---You want ________ sandwich? ---Yes, I usually eat a lot when I’m hungry. A. other B. another C. others D. the other 4. The doctors and nurses are doing their best to fight SARS. They think more of others than _______. A. they B. them C. themselves D. theirs 5. ---Which do you prefer, a bottle of orange or a bottle of milk? ---______________, thanks. I’d like a cup of tea. A. Either B. Neither C. Both D. None 6. ---Oh! I came in a hurry and forgot to bring food. ---Never mind. You can have ________. A. us B. ours C. you D. yours 7. ---Can I come this evening or tomorrow morning? ---_______ is OK. I’m free today and tomorrow. A. Either B. Neither C. Both D. None 8. ---How are you going to improve _______ this term? ---Work harder than last term. A. ourselves B. myself C. himself D. yourself 9. ---Could you tell me _______ she is looking for? ---Her cousin, Susan. A. that B. whose C. who D. which 10. ---Is _______ here? ---No. Li Lei and Han Mei have asked for leave. A. everybody B. somebody C. anybody D. nobody 11. Paul has _______ friends except me, and sometimes he feels lonely. A. many B. some C. few D. more 12. If you want to book a round-trip ticket, you’ll have to pay ______ $ 30. A. more B. other C. the other D. another 13. ---Do you live by yourself, Mr Wang? ---Yes. I have two sons. But ______ of them lives with me. They are now studying in America? A. neither B. both C. none D. either 14. ---Have you sent your parents an E-mail telling them you arrived safe? ---No. _______ of them can use a computer. A. None B. Both C. Neither D. All 15. Who taught _______ English last term? Was _____ Mr. Smith? A. you; it B. you; he C. your; it D. your; that 16. ---That woman has a bag in her right hand. What’s in her _____ hand? A. another B. other C. one D. the other 17. We decided to go for a field trip with some friends of _______. A. us B. our C. ours D. ourselves 18. ---Is there a bus to the zoo? ---I’m afraid there’s _______ bus to the zoo. A. no B. any C. some D. none 19. You forgot your dictionary? You may have _______. A. me B. my C. mine D. myself 20. This is ______ classroom. Where is _______? A. our; them B. us; they C. our; theirs D. ours; theirs
练习 12 名词
1.He was eager to make some extra money, since during these years he could hardly live on his_______. a． little wage b. few wage c. wage d. wages
2.Most of the houses in the village were burnt to ______ during the war. a. an ash b. the ash c. ash d. ashes 3.The students at colleges or universities are making ______ for the coming New Year. a. many preparations b. much preparation c. preparations d. preparation 4.Paiting in _____ is one of their spare-time activities. a. oil b. an oil c. oils d. the oil 5.In the view of the foreign experts, there wasn’t ____ oil here. a. much b. lots of c. a great deal of d. many 6.The large houses are being painted, but ______. a. of great expense b. at a great expense c. in a lot of expenses d. by high expense 7.The room was small and contained far too ______. a.much new furniture c. much new furnitures b.many new furniture d. many new furnitures 8.Jim was late for two classes this morning. He said that he forgot both of the ______. a. rooms number b. room number c. room’s numbers d. room numbers 9.Computers can do ______ work in a short time, but a man can not do ______ by himself. a great many…many c. much…a great deal b.great deal of…much d. many…a great many 10.She didn’t know _____ he had been given. a. how many information c. how many informations b. the number of information d. how much information 11.He invited all of his ______ to join his wedding party. a. comrade-in-arms c. comrades-in-arm b. comrades-in-arms d. comrade-in-arm 12.All the ______ in the hospital got a rise last month. a. women doctors c. woman doctors b. women doctor d. woman doctor 13.After ten years, all these youngsters became_____. a. growns-ups c. growns-up b. grown-up d. grown-ups 14.The police investigated those _____ about the accident. a. stander-by c. standers-by b. stander-bys d. standers-bys 15.The Nazi kept those ______ in their concentration camp. a.prisoner-of-wars c. prisoners-of-war b.prisoners-of-wars d. prisoner-of-war 16.The manager was greatly appreciate that _____ made by Linda lately. a. new reel b. news reel c. new-reels d. news reels 17.Mary’s dress is similar in appearance to her ______. a. elder sister b. elder sister’s c. elder sisters d. elder sisters dress 18.All the people at the conference are ______. a. mathematic teachers c. mathematics teacher b.mathematics teachers d. mathematic’s teachers 19.Professor Mackay told us that ______ of lead are its softness and its resistance. a. some property c. properties
b. some properties d. property 20.Physics _____ with matter and motion. a. deal b. deals c. dealing d. are
练习 13 数词
1.______ martyrs have heroically laid down their lives for the people. a. Thousand upon thousand of b. Thousand and thousands of c. Thousands upon thousands of d. Thousand and thousand of 2.They received ______ of letters about their TV programs. a. dozen b. dozen and dozen c score d. dozens 3.Who is that man,______ in the front row? a. one b. the one c. first d. the first 4.We have produced ______ this year as we did in 1993. a. as much cotton twice b. as twice much cotton c. much as twice cotton d. twice as much cotton 5.The earth is about ______ as the moon. a. as fifty time big b. fifty times as big c. as big fifty time d. fifty as times big 6.The population of many Alaskan cities has ______ in the past three years. a. more than doubled b. more doubled than c. much than doubled d. much doubled than 7.The moon is about _____ in diameter as diameter as the earth. a. one-three as large b. one three as large c. one-third as large d. one third as large 8.Five hundred yuan a month _____ enough to live on. a. is b. are c. is being d. has been 9.______ of the buildings were ruined. a. Three fourth b. Three four c. Three-fourths d. Three-four 10.Consult _____ for questions about earthquakes. a. the six index b. index six c. sixth index d. index numbering six
练习 14 冠词
1.When Linda was a child, her mother always let her have ______ bed. a. the breakfast in b. the breakfast in the c. breakfast in d. breakfast in the 2.He has promised to give up ______ hundreds of times. a. tobacco b. tobacco c. the tobacco d. tobaccos 3.______ usually go to church every Sunday. a. The Brown b. A Brown c. Browns d. The Browns 4.The train is running fifty miles ______. a. an hour b. one hour c. the hour d. a hour 5.He can play almost every kind of music instrument but he is good ______. a.at the flute b. at flute c. at a flute d. at that flute 6.The investigators found that more should be done for ______ in India. a.those poor b. a poor c. poor d. the poor 7.You look in high spirit. You must have ______ during your holiday. a. wonderful time b. a wonderful time c. the wonderful time d. some wonderful time 8.The city assigned a policeman to the school crossing because ______ traffic there was so heavy. a .a b. an c. the d. one 9.A new teacher was sent to the village in place of ______ one who had retired.
a. a b. the c. an d. its 10.Virtue and vice are before you;______ leads you to happiness,______ to misery. a. the former…latter b. a former…a latter c. the former…the latter d. former…latter
练习 15 介词
1. Taiwan is ________ the southeast of China.（in, on, to） 2. Go _________ the bridge _________ the river, you’ll find the shop.（across, through; over, above） 3. I go to school __________7:30 every morning.（in, on, at） 4. He would like to meet her __________8:00 and 9:00 tomorrow morning.（between, among ） 5. The Greens have lived in China ________ three years.（in, for, after） 6. We go to school every day ________ Saturday and Sunday.（except, besides） 7. He wrote the letter _________ ink.（by, with ,in） 8. She returned to her country _________five years.（in, after, for） 9. There is a big tree _________ our classroom.（after, behind） 10. I usually go to work _________ bike.（by, on, with）
练习 16 连词
1、I don’t like reading plays.” A．and, but 2、You won’t know the value(价值) of the health A．until B．after B．and, and you lose it. C．when she didn’t like it. B．and you will pass the exam. B．for C．but C．or D．because C．or, and watching TV. What about you? “I don’t like reading all day, I like watching TV
3、We bought Granny a present, A．but 4、Study hard, A．so
5、Put on more clothes, A．and 6、My shoes are worn out, A．so 7、He ran fast
you’ll catch cold. B．for I need new ones. B．if he won the race. B．so …that read C．too…to write. D．both…and C．because C．or
8、He is only ten months. He can A．either…or C．both…and 9、She said she might come A．neither…nor C．too…to 10、If Tom A．or 11、It was already ten o’clock A．that C．if 12、It’s a long time A．so 13、That maths problem is A．too…to C．so…that 14、I’ll give her the message A．since C．until
B．neither…nor D．so…that Saturday Sunday . B．nither…or D．so…that
Mike asks for their car, tell him to come tomorrow. B．and we got to the museum this morning. B．when D．for we met last. B．after difficult C．since nobody can do it. B．very…that D．very …but she comes back. B．before D．as soon as D．before C．with
the teacher came into the classroom, many students were talking to each other. A．While C．Since B．If D．When we are twins. B．when D．after in your home town in winter? B．whether does it often snow D．whether it often snows
16、People often mistake us for each other A．if C．because 17、Could you tell me
A．if it often snowed C．if it often snow 18、Are you sure A．if 19、 Lily Lucy like singing.
Mr. Li will come to your birthday party? B．that C．for
A．Either…or C．Both…and 20、Read the sentences slowly A．so that
we can understand what you read. B．before C．until
练习 17 构词法
1.That man was________enough not to tell the manager that he would not do the job. A.care B.careful C.careless D.carelessness 2.The soldier died for saving the child，so his________ is heavier than Mount Tai. A.die B.dead C.died D.death 3.The child looked________at his brother who was badly wounded. A.sadly B.sadness C.sadly D.sad 4.He is an expert at chemistry.We all call him a ________. A.chemistry B.chemical C.chemist D.physician 5.The three- ________chair isn’t suitable for a young child.He may fall off.
A.legging B.legged 6.Stephenson became the________railway engineer in the world. A.lead B.leader C.leading D.leadership
7.When the teacher praised him for working out the maths problem，Jack looked________about at his classmates. A.proud C.pride
8.To everyone’s ________，the girl finished the job quite well. A.satisfied C.satisfying 9.—What are you doing here? B.satisfactory D.satisfaction
—Oh，my teacher asked me to write a passage about ________in English. —You can write________passage in English? A.600 words；a 600-words B.600-word；a 600-words C.600 words；a 600-word D.600 words；a 600-words 10.No one should enter the spot without the________of the police. A.permit B.permission C.permitting D.permittence 11.You must come with us to the police ________.Our head is waiting for you. A.headquarters B.headline C.headmaster D.headache 12.Letting that animal escape was no accident；you did it ________. A.intend B.intention C.intentionally D.intentional 13.The shop owner welcomed all the guests with a________smile. A.practice B.practise C.practical D.practiced 14.The________ordered him to pay a $100 fine. A.judger B.judgment C.judge D.judgement 15.My TV is out of order.Can you tell me what is the________news about Iraq War? A.lately B.latest C.later D.latter 16.The Great Wall is more than 6000 li in ________. A.longer B.length C.long D.longing 17.To my ________，I passed the exam easily. A.joy B.joyful
C.joyless D.joyness 18.Canada is mainly an________country. A.English-speaking B.speak-English C.spoken-English D.English-spoken 19.How________ he is! He is always acting________.He is really a ________. A.foolish；foolishly；fool B.fool；foolish；fool C.foolish；fool；fool D.foolishly；foolish；fool 20.The necklace that she lost is very expensive.It’s of great ________. A.valuable B.value C.valueless D.unvaluable 21.There were________fish in the river in South America. A.in danger B.danger C.dangerous D.dangerless 22.The letter “b” in the word “doubt” is________. A.sound B.silent C.silence D.sounded 23.The child looked at me________. A.stranger B.strangely C.strange D.strangeless 24.The black people were against slavery and fought for their________bravely. A.free B.freely C.freedom D.frees 25.What you said sounded________ but in fact it was untrue. A.reasonable B.reasonful C.reasonless D.unreason 26.We have to learn________technology from other countries. A.advance B.advancing C.advantage D.advanced 27.The children live in a village ________.They come here almost every day. A.nearby B.near C.nearly D.near by 28.Mr Black is an ________in the army，not an________in the government.You can not easily find him in his________. A.official；officer；office B.officer；office；official C.official；official；official D.officer；official；office 29.You’d better give up smoking if you want to keep ________. A.health B.healthy
30.________ speaking，I didn’t do it on purpose. A.Honestly C.Honesty B.Honest D.Dishonest